[netCDF #PZS-542462]: libnetcdf_c++ wrong ELF class

Hi Srinivasa,

> Package Version: 4.0.1
> Operating System: Ubuntu 13.04
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: I have installed reorder software package to grid
> radar reflectivity factor from polar coordinates to cartesian coordinate. The
> software package uses netcdf library. However, since reorder is a legacy
> software, it uses only 32 bit netcdf library files.
>
> When I run reorder from terminal, I get an error message, a screenshot of
> which I have attached with this form. I could not find 32 bit libnetcdf_c++
> library from unidata website. Is there an alternative solution to this issue?

We don't distribute pre-compiled netCDF C++ libraries, but you could build a
32-bit version by using the "-m32" flag to your C++ compiler, using the
environment variable CPPFLAGS=-m32.

Also, I recommend upgrading the package version for netCDF.  The old
4.0.1 version from March, 2009. included C, Fortran, and C++
libraries, which made it difficult to build and install.  There have
been many improvements in later releases, including separation of the
multi-language package into 3 language-specific packages for C,
Fortran, and C++.  If you just want to use the C++ API, you still need
to build and install the C library, then just download, build and
install the C++ library, telling it where the C library is installed.

The latest released version of the netCDF C library is 4.3.0, available
from:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-4.3.0.tar.gz

and a later release candidate for version 4.3.1-rc6 is available from:

  https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases

The latest C++ release is available from:

  https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-cxx4/releases

with numerous imp[rovementss to that available from the current snapshot:

  https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-cxx4

--Russ

Ticket ID: PZS-542462
Department: Support netCDF