[netCDFJava #CZW-502913]: combining satellite bands via ncml

Hi Joleen,

Okay, after some digging around, I discovered that in fact the CDM does not
currently recognize the geostationary projection.  Apparently, this has been on
the todo list, but we haven't had files and a concrete use case until now.
I've created a JIRA ticket
(https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/browse/TDS-538) to implement the feature,
and we'll be using the files you provided as our guinea pigs.  Before we head
down the chute, can you tell me for certain that the files you provided are
good examples of GOES-R data?

The second issue I'm going to address is the ability to aggregate across
wavelength.  From our perspective, it makes sense to treat wavelength as a
legitimate dimension, even though it is not a geo- or time-reference
coordinate.  I did get an earful of cautionary advice about conventions, and so
on, but this is a feature we'd like to implement.  I've created a separate JIRA
ticket here (https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/browse/TDS-539) for that
feature.

We'll be tackling the projection first, then the wavelength aggregation
feature.  I don't yet have a timeline for implementing either, though.

Cheers,
  Lansing

Ticket ID: CZW-502913
Department: Support netCDF Java