[netCDF #MFE-150126]: ncdap test failure

Hi Don,

> I'm trying to compile netcdf 4.3.1.1 on Debian Linux 7.1.0.
> After compiling, it fails ncdap_test. The log file is attached.
> What does this mean? How do I fix it?

This is a known issue related to a change in our test server
configuration. We are still working on redirects to fix this for
existing releases, and the upcoming 4.3.2 release will also fix it by
pointing directly to our new test servers. So, the failure is on our
end, not yours.

Until this gets fixed, you can complete testing and installation of
the netCDF C library and utilities by following these steps:

  1. Run "make clean" in the top level directory of your source netCDF
     source (or unpack the source again in a new source directory)

  2. Run the "configure" script again, but this time add the following
     option to whatever options you previously specified:

       --disable-dap-remote-tests

  3. Run "make check" and verify that it now completes successfully.

  4. Run "make install", or "sudo make install" if needed.

That should get you past the problem with our test server and allow
the installation to complete successfully. Please let us know if this
doesn't work.

--Russ

Ticket ID: MFE-150126
Department: Support netCDF