[netCDF #SAK-133961]: wgrib2 falied

Hi Simone,

> Russ, I´d like to know if you discovered what´s happen with my wgrib2 .

No, we couldn't duplicate the problem.  "make check" worked fine, with
the following output near where you saw a failure:

*** Tests successful!
PASS: tst_misc

*** testing UTF-8 normalization...ok.
*** Tests successful!
PASS: tst_norm

*** testing names with file tst_names.nc...
*** switching to netCDF classic format...ok.
*** switching to netCDF 64-bit offset format...ok.
*** Tests successful!
PASS: tst_names
==================
All 5 tests passed
==================

You didn't provide enough information to identify which
test was failing.  Also, we requested that you send us

> >   ...  the complete output of running "make check" as well
> > as the "config.log" file, which will contain version information

Sorry, but without at least the config.log file, we can't diagnose
the cause of the problem.  Even with that information, we may have
trouble, as netCDF version 3.6.3 is from June 2008 and no longer
actively supported.  The current version of the netCDF C library
is 4.3.1.1, and the current release of the netCDF Fortran library is
4.2.  Instructions for building them are here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building.html

--Russ

> > To: address@hidden
> > Subject: [netCDF #SAK-133961]: wgrib2 falied
> > Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 14:37:32 -0600
> > CC: address@hidden
> > From: address@hidden
> >
> > Hi Simone,
> >
> > > I was installing wgrib2 and it was failled and the message is to report
> > > it.
> >
> > Thanks for reporting it, but without the netCDF version number, we can't
> > investigate the cause of the problem.  If you are still seeing the problem,
> > could you send us the complete output of running "make check" as well
> > as the "config.log" file, which will contain version information?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --Russ
> >
> > Russ Rew                                         UCAR Unidata Program
> > address@hidden                      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: SAK-133961
> > Department: Support netCDF