[netCDF #EJA-190555]: netcdf42-fortran: netcdf.h for fortran not found by configure (= a script glitch?) (fwd)

Hi Peter,

This is just a quick reply to a couple of your suggestions.

I added, at the top of the netCDF-Fortran page on GitHub, a prominent
mention that the netCDF C library must be installed first.  See:

   https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran

> The URL http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-
> install.htm does _not_ appear there (checked a few minutes ago), e.g.
> your: "Building the netCDF-4.2 and later Fortran libraries"

It looks like you're missing the final "l".  The URL ends with ".html",
not ".htm".  I just checked again, and it's there:

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

Thanks for your detailed notes on what parts of the documentation caused
problems.  We'll try to make it clearer and easier to follow.

--Russ

Ticket ID: EJA-190555
Department: Support netCDF