[netCDF #TJB-572859]: Trouble with building parallel netcdf

Hi John,

Thank you for fixing this; we're moving in the right direction!

Looking at the config.log now, when configure is testing for hdf5, I see
the following:

configure:16382: mpicc -o conftest -g -O2
-I/soft/hdf5/1.8.12-parallel/intel-13.1/mvapich2-1.9/include
-L/soft/hdf5/1.8.12-parallel/intel-13.1/mvapich2-1.9/lib conftest.c
-lhdf5  -lm -lz -ldl >&5
/soft/hdf5/1.8.12-parallel/intel-13.1/mvapich2-1.9/lib/libhdf5.a(H5FDmpiposix.o):

In function `H5FD_mpiposix_open':
H5FDmpiposix.c:(.text+0xa8e): undefined reference to `gpfs_fcntl'
/soft/hdf5/1.8.12-parallel/intel-13.1/mvapich2-1.9/lib/libhdf5.a(H5FDmpiposix.o):

In function `H5FD_mpiposix_write':
H5FDmpiposix.c:(.text+0x166e): undefined reference to `gpfs_fcntl'

When configure is linking the libhdf5 test program, it is failing
because of this 'undefined reference to gpfs_fcntl'.  I am unfamiliar
with gpfs_fcntl, but I found the following from a search on Google:

https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clresctr/vxrx/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.cluster.gpfs.v3r5.gpfs100.doc%2Fbl1adm_fcntl.htm

I appears that in order to use the libhdf5 you are compiling against,
you will need to have netcdf link against 'libgpfs'.  You can do this by
adjusting your LDFLAGS to include  '-lgpfs'; depending on where it
lives, you may need to add its library path as well.

Give this a shot and let me know what happens, thanks!

-Ward

Ticket ID: TJB-572859
Department: Support netCDF