[netCDF #KTF-727377]: NetCDF build fail

Hi Angus,

Sorry to have taken so long to respond to your question ...
> I am trying to build the netCDF library on my machine but two of the
> tests have failed. I followed the following steps:
>
> 1. Put the netcdf-4.3.2 folder somewhere sensible.
> 2.  > mkdir build
> 3.  > FC=gfortran FFLAGS=-fPIC CFLAGS=-fPIC ./configure
> --prefix=/secamfs/userspace/staff/ajf223/bin/lib/netcdf-4.3.2/build
> --disable-dap
> 4.  > make install
> 5.  > make check
>
> I have attached the log for the tests. Could you please advise on how to
> proceed with this?

You have to use a more recent version of HDF5, 1.8.8 or later, with
netCDF-4.3.2.

There was a bug in HDF5-1.8.7 and earlier versions that we didn't test for in
the corresponding netCDF version 4.1.3. The current netCDF version 4.3.2
detects
the HDF5 bug when built with HDF5-1.8.7 or earlier, but builds fine with HDF5
versions 1.8.8 and later. If you have to rebuild HDF5 from source anyway, I
would recommend just using the latest version 1.8.13.

--Russ

Ticket ID: KTF-727377
Department: Support netCDF