[netCDFJava #LOE-612985]: Nexrad decoding errors

The lines of code you are referencing actually just handle the conversion of
range and azimuth to x and y coordinates.

I suspect that your problem is just an error in calculating the range, not due
to CF-Radial (tools treating the CF-Radial as grids would produce much
different errors). How are you obtaining the size of the gates? The product
itself contains no information about the maximum range, but the ICD document
you found (and I sent) specifies that the maximum range of the digital VIL
product you are plotting is 460km. If you divide that range evenly across the
gates you have, that should do it. For something like VIL, which combines data
from multiple elevations, you should not have to correct for elevation angle.

Ticket ID: LOE-612985
Department: Support netCDF Java