[netCDF #VJG-252059]: Reporting a bug

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this problem, and for providing comprehensive logs.  It
is not obvious what is wrong, from the files you sent. Would it be possible to
run the `tst_h_files` program manually and send me the output? That may
indicate the error.  Also, when you run `configure`, a `configure.log` file is
generated.  Would you mind providing that? It will contain more information
about your system which may shed some light on this.

Thank you, have a good day,

-Ward

> Dear Lady or Sir
>
> I have been installing libraries on my work,
> local area (because I can not do it on the root and the system
> administrator is too busy...).
>
> Please take a look at my attached text
> files, showing the configure options and the output from configue, make,
> make check and make install.
>
> Please tell me if I can survive with this
> installation or if it is really advisable to correct the bug. In this
> case, please have in mind that
>
> I am NOT a guy from systems, just a guy
> with a PhD in Meteorology (met satellites) at UW-Madison 1991 and
> fortunately with more than
>
> 20 years of experience on developping
> scientific (so durty...) prototype software for retrieval algorithms at
> EUMETSAT (www.eumetsat.int).
>
> I work with computers just as complex
> calculators...I? a user, not a guy of systems...This means I can
> implement the correction if you tell
>
> me the file names and exactly
> what to modify inside them.
>
> Thanks for your attention.