[netCDF #NHW-215043]: New Release for netcdf?

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delayed response; I was out of the office yesterday.  I'm
hoping to put out a 4.3.3 release candidate by the end of the week.  Assuming
no issues are discovered, I'd expect a full release within the following week
or two.  Similarly, for netcdf-fortran, I'm hoping to have the 4.4.1 release
out next week as nobody has reported any issues based on the release candidate
I put out a couple of weeks ago.

I mention this because, starting with release 4.2, the netcdf C and Fortran
interfaces were split out into two separate libraries.

4.3.3 is going to be a bug-fix release; no major changes over 4.3.2 have been
introduced, but the list of issues addressed can be found here:

https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.md

I hope this information is helpful; have a great day,

-Ward

> Hi,
>
> Debian is a little out of date at the moment with it's version of
> netcdf (v4.1.3).
>
> I am currently working in the Debian GIS team to update to the latest
> release of v4.3.2 (plus some more recent snapshots).
>
> But whilst I am working on that, I thought I would ask what the plans
> are for the next version. Is 4.3.3 planned for release any time soon?
>
> The next release of Debian (Jessie) will be frozen in November this
> year, so we don't have a lot of time to get it in anyway.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ross Gammon

Ticket ID: NHW-215043
Department: Support netCDF