[netCDF #QUX-458465]: Problem with libtool

Hi  Bridget,

> I am having a problem when running "make check" when building NetCDF-Fortran
> 4.4.0. First, just to get it to compile, I had to run this:
>
> LIBS="-lhdf5 -lhdf5_hl" ./configure --disable-shared --prefix=/opt/local/

Have you installed the netCDF C library first, which is required before
building the
netCDF Fortran library?  Here are instructions for first building the netCDF C
library,
then the netCDF Fortran library:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building_netcdf_fortran.html

If you encounter problems when building the C or Fortran libraries, please send
us the "config.log" file that results from running the configure script before
running make.

--Russ

> Then to get "make check" to do anything, I had to use this:
>
> make check FC=gfortran
>
> This gets part way through but then stops here:
>
> /bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=FC   --mode=link gfortran  -g -O2  -version-number
> 6:0:1 -L/opt/local/lib -o libnetcdff.la -rpath /opt/local/lib typeSizes.lo
> module_netcdf_nc_data.lo module_netcdf_nc_interfaces.lo
> module_netcdf_nf_data.lo module_netcdf_nf_interfaces.lo module_netcdf_f03.lo
> nf_attio.lo nf_control.lo nf_dim.lo nf_misc.lo nf_genatt.lo nf_geninq.lo
> nf_genvar.lo nf_vario.lo nf_var1io.lo nf_varaio.lo nf_varmio.lo nf_varsio.lo
> module_netcdf4_nc_interfaces.lo module_netcdf4_nf_interfaces.lo
> module_netcdf4_f03.lo nf_lib.lo nf_nc4.lo  netcdf4.lo  nf_v2compat.lo
> module_netcdf_fortv2_c_interfaces.lo nf_fortv2.lo  -lnetcdf -lhdf5 -lhdf5_hl
> libtool: link: unsupported hardcode properties
> libtool: link: See the libtool documentation for more information.
> libtool: link: Fatal configuration error.
> make[2]: *** [libnetcdff.la] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>
> I have searched for the answer to no avail. Can anyone point me in the right
> direction?

Ticket ID: QUX-458465
Department: Support netCDF