[netCDF #QUX-458465]: Problem with libtool

> Thanks for replying on a Saturday, Russ. I'm pretty sure I already had the
> netCDF C library installed, but I did it again (successfully!) using the
> latest release. However, I'm still getting the libtool error in "make check"
> for netCDF Fortran. Attached is the config.log file resulting from the
> compile. You might notice that I'm now attempting to build 4.4.1-rc1, which
> resolved the need for the LIBS assignment at the beginning of the configure
> call.

From the config.log, it appears that you have set environment variables

  F77=''
  FC=''

The configure script found /usr/local/bin/gfortran to use for the Fortran
compiler, but your
F77='' setting actually gets interpreted to mean that you don't have an F77
compiler.  Try
using

  F77=/usr/local/bin/gfortran
  FC=/usr/local/bin/gfortran

instead, before rerunning the netCDF Fortran configure script.  If you have
your path set right,
just using gfortran would probably work as well.

--Russ

Ticket ID: QUX-458465
Department: Support netCDF