[netCDF #YQL-546826]: ncslen?

Hi Ming,

> We have a user who try to build WRF with PGI. He built netCDF with both
> fortran and C. When building WRF, he get the following error:
>
> undefined reference to ncslen
>
> I am not sure what could be the possible reason for this error?

It's a bug in the netCDF-Fortran file fortran/module_netcdf_nf_interfaces.F90,
with a one-line fix that I just committed to GitHub:

https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran/commit/17e0ec61f240a09d5d7909eddabf2255eff8a971

It was basically just a typo in declaring an old netCDF-Fortran version 2
function, which is named ncsfil rather than ncslen.  I guess it hasn't been
encountered before because not many users are still calling the old version
2 API, as the version 3 or 4 F77 or F90 APIs have been available for quite a
while.  Nevertheless, you can fix the problem by replacing one line in the
file, as shown in the above URL, recompiling to get the module file, and
reinstalling.

Please let us know if you need help with that.

--Russ

Ticket ID: YQL-546826
Department: Support netCDF