[netCDF #IJX-817619]: HDF4 chunking (and compression?) support hints

Charlie, I have a question.
There are 3 obvious places where one
might require knowledge of e.g. the version number.
1. At build time. That is in the cmake|makefile|./configure
code, one might need the version no.
2. At compile time. THis would generally require
   using some file like netcdf.h that has the version
   defined as a #define macro.
3. At run time. The client program would query the
   netcdf library for the version info.

Judging by your comments, I am assuming that you
want #2 - compile time access. Of course, this
also as a rule requires #1 so that e.g. netcdf.h
can be properly generated at build time.

2 question:
1. am I right in assuming you want the info at compile time
2. what build system (if any) are you currently using for NCO

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata

Ticket ID: IJX-817619
Department: Support netCDF