[netCDF #OJW-260946]: hdf5 error

Hi Ben,

> Attached is the HDF config log. I used my standard configure commands:
>
> ./configure --prefix=$HDF_DIR --enable-shared --enable-hl
> ./configure --enable-netcdf-4 --enable-dap --enable-shared --prefix=$NC_DIR
>
> What flag did I miss?

The flag you missed was --with-zlib= specifying where zlib is installed.  See
section
"4.3.7. Specifying other libraries and headers" of the HDF5 installation
document at
   http://www.hdfgroup.org/ftp/HDF5/current/src/unpacked/release_docs/INSTALL
for instructions for how to specify this, either with the --with-zlib option or
combination of CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS environment variables or configure
arguments.

--Russ

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ben,
> >
> > From the file you provided, I *believe* that you are using an hdf5 that
> > was built without zlib support.  You will need to rebuild hdf5 with zlib
> > support, as it is required by netcdf-c.
> >
> > On the chance that isn't the issue, can you please provide your config.log
> > file so that I can see if anything stands out there?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -Ward
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Please see attached error log.
> > >
> > > netcdf-4.3.2
> > > hdf-1.8.13
> > > Ubuntu 14.04.1 64-bit
> > >
> > > Let me know if you need any other info...
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ben
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ben Koziol
> > > NESII/CIRES/NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory
> > > address@hidden
> > https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=address@hidden
> > >
> > > 802.392.4522
> > > Skype: bwkoziol
> > > http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/nesii/
> > >

> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: OJW-260946
> > Department: Support netCDF
> >

> --
> Ben Koziol
> NESII/CIRES/NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory
> address@hidden
> <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=address@hidden>
> 802.392.4522
> Skype: bwkoziol