[netCDF #ZGN-514209]: Error while installing WRF v 3.6.1

Hi,

You're encountering a bug with our netCDF-Fortran release 4.4.0 when built with
a netCDF-C library that doesn't support netcdf-4.  This occurs when the netCDF-C
library was built with --disable-netcdf-4 or when the configure script could not
find an installed HDF5 library, so assumes the netCDF-4 interface is not wanted.

This bug is fixed in the most recent pre-release of netCDF-Fortran, version
4.4.1-rc1 (a release candidate), which is available for download from

   https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran/releases/tag/v4.4.1-rc1

The bug you're seeing should be fixed in that release, but please let us know
if
you still encounter problems.  Alternately, you could rebuild netCDF-Fortran
from the 4.4.0 version if you first rebuild the netCDF-C library without
"--disable-netcdf-4" and wth the HDF5 library installed, but that sounds
like more work.

--Russ

Ticket ID: ZGN-514209
Department: Support netCDF