[netCDF #BFT-227872]: Mac OS 10.9 netcdf-4.1.3 failed tests

Hello Colin,

Both Russ and I have tried compiling 4.1.3 on our OSX workstations and also
fail to get netcdf to build.  Given the age of the release, there's
unfortunately nothing to be done for modern platforms on our end.  You may want
to try the latest release, 4.3.2.  Note that, starting with netcdf 4.2, the
fortran and C++ functionality has been split out from the main library and must
be installed separately.  You can download the source code from these libraries
at the following pages:

http://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases
http://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran/releases
http://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-cxx4/releases

I hope this helps, I'm sorry we can't provide a solution for building 4.1.3 on
a modern OSX machine.

-Ward

> To whom it may concern:
>
> I included some of the necessary information in my email; 2 of the 7 tests
> failed partway through my installation, namely test_vara and test_varm3. Is
> this a known issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Colin Raymond

Ticket ID: BFT-227872