[netCDF #UFR-913429]: Error with nf90_create

Hi Manmeet,

I think both the problems you are seeing are due to not telling gfortran
where to find the declaration of functions provided by the netCDF-Fortran
library. If it doesn't know that the nf90_strerror() returns a character
string, then it will assume that the trim() function can't be used on its
return value.

For gfortran, you need to use the -I option to tell the compiler where to
find the necessary compiled Fortran modules, specifying the interface
types of all the functions and therri arguments.

When you built netCDF-Fortran, it should have installed the nf-config
in the bin/ subdirectory of wherever you specified with a --prefix=
option to the configure script.  By default, this would be
/usr/local/bin/nf-config.  Use that program to see what flags to use
when you compile Fortran programs to use netCDF.  Try "nf-config --all"
or even use it on the command line, such as

  gfortran  myprogram.f90 -o myprogram `nf-config --fflags --flibs`

--Russ

  nf-config

Ticket ID: UFR-913429
Department: Support netCDF