[netCDF #UJR-213446]: configure error

Hi Jungmin

> Full Name: Jungmin Lee
> Package Version: 4.3.3-rc2
> Operating System: OS X 10.9.5
> Hardware: Intel 64bit
> Description of problem: Hi,
> I am trying to install netcdf library packages both for C and fortran. I
> installed openmpi, zlib, hdf5 before going over to netcdf.
> When I do ./configure , I get the error message saying "c compiler cannot
> make executables"
> I separately tested gcc compiler and it works fine. Could you please help me
> with issue, please ?

The problem is with the values you have set for CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS
environment variables.  If you have installed libraries in /usr/local,
then you should use something like

  CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local

instead of setting CPPFLAGS=/usr/local/include and LDFLAG=/usr/local/lib.

For more detailed instructions for building C and Fortran libaries,
see these two sites

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html
   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building_netcdf_fortran.html

--Russ