[netCDFJava #TIC-922637]: Can't get past 'Server does not support byte ranges'

This makes sense: ncss needs to know what variables you want. (I should have
realized that before telling you to try--my bad) Out of curiosity, why did you
select ncss access in the first place? If you just want to access the dataset
remotely, you could try using opendap:

http://myserver.com/thredds/dodsC/CHESS2Aggregation/DetailWholeDataset.ncml

Ryan

> Thanks for your reply.  I have already tried the url you suggest, but just
> get 'is not a valid URL, return status=400'.
>
> If I put
> http://myserver.com/thredds/ncss/grid/CHESS2Aggregation/DetailWholeDataset.ncml
>  into a browser I get the 400 error and also the response 'Validation errors:
> No Grid variables requested   --'.  What kind of response would you normally
> expect from this type of url in a browser?  Could there be something wrong
> with the configuration of the dataset on the Thredds server?  It doesn't make
> sense to me that I should have to provide 'Grid variables' when first opening
> the dataset in my java code since I don't yet know anything about the service.
>
> Incidentally, using this url in a browser with the '/dataset.html' and
> '/dataset.xml' extensions gives me the subsetting tool and xml metadata
> respectively.  So the service from the Thredds server seems OK in those
> respects.

Ticket ID: TIC-922637
Department: Support netCDF Java