[netCDF #FCN-467433]: Question about NetCDF Packages

Hello David,

Yes, you have the right idea.  If you are writing in Fortran, you will most
likely want the fortran interface; the same for C, python, etc.  You will also
need the netCDF-C library, because the other libraries (with the exception of
netCDF-Java) have dependencies on netCDF-C.

-Ward

> Dear Staff Member,
>
> I see on the download page there are a couple options for downloading
> NetCDF: netCDF-Java, netCDF-C, netCDF-Fortran, etc. How do I figure out
> which one I need? Does it depend on the source code I'm writing - i.e. if
> my source code is in Fortran90, should I use the netCDF-Fortran package?
>
> Thanks,
> David

Ticket ID: FCN-467433
Department: Support netCDF