[netCDF #YHF-397609]: broken link to CF Discrete Sampling Geometries Conventions

Hi Aaron,

> I am not sure if this is the appropriate email address for my question, but
> it was listed under "Contact Webmaster" on the Unidata contact page at
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/about/index.html#contact.
>
> There is a broken link on the netCDF Conventions page:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/conventions.html.  The text for
> the broken link is "CF Discrete Sampling Geometries Conventions," and the
> link points to a non-existent page at Lawrence Livermore.
>
> After skimming the latest CF Conventions document (v1.7-draft1) linked from
> http://cfconventions.org/documents.html, I noticed that Chapter 9 covers
> Discrete Sampling Geometries, so perhaps you can link to this chapter, or
> alternatively combine the links for CF Conventions and CF Discrete Sampling
> Geometries Conventions into one?

Thanks for reporting the problem.  I've fixed it temporarily with a link to the
chapter
on Discrete Sampling Geometries in CF-1.6, the latest released version, but
would
rather find a less volatile URL that will work to point to that chapter in the
most
recent instead. If I find such a URL, I'll put in a more permanent fix.

--Russ

Ticket ID: YHF-397609
Department: Support netCDF