[UDUNITS #JWF-946673]: Issues installing UDUNITS-1-12.11

Katie,

The build procedure for the UDUNITS-1 package is way out-of-date. :-(

Try this:
1) Go to the top-level source-directory;
2) Edit the file "lib/Makefile.in": change all occurrences of the string "yacc"
to the string "bison -y";
3) Execute the command "make distclean";
5) Execute the command "./configure CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran CFLAGS=-fPIC",
redirect both the output and error streams to the file "configure.log"; and
6) Execute the command "make &>make.log", redirect both the output and error
streams to the file "make.log".

> Thanks for the help, though I am still having problems.  I changed all
> occurrences of "yacc" to "bison -y".  After doing so, I still have
> problems.  Attached is the new make.log file.
>
> Based on a suggestion from the make.log file, I recompiled the code using
> "--enable-share".  No change.  I also recompiled using "CXXFLAGS = -fPIC",
> which also did not work.
>
> --
> Katie Holman, PhD
> Meteorologist