[netCDF #AUR-797681]: Installing netcdf-fortran-4.4.1 as non-root user

Hello,

It is odd that the tests were failures, as they are run in the build directory,
pre-install.  It's also odd that the installation failed, as you should of
course have write permission to $HOME.  Can you provide the config.log and the
log generated by running the tests?  I can take a look at those and see if I
can figure out what is going on.

Thanks!

-Ward

> Full Name: Lawrence Patrick Bernardo
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: Netcdf fortran 4.4.1
> Operating System: Redhat Linux
> Hardware: Intel Fortran
> Description of problem: Dear unidata staff,
>
> I am trying to install netcdf-fortran-4.4.1 on my user account on
> a linux server PC. netcdf-c-4.3.2 has already been installed by the
> system administrator and is accessible to all users. When following the
> default instructions provided in the website (running ./configure and
> then running make check install), all the tests pass and the installation
> is almost successful, except that since I am not root, I cannot write to
> /usr/local and the installation cannot be completed. So I tried to run
> ./configure with the --prefix=$HOME option to see if it will work, but
> upon running make check install, the installation fails and the tests
> results are mostly failures. May I request some assistance regarding
> installing given this situation? I remember successfully compiling
> netcdf for older versions, where I could find the proper files to edit
> to have a successful installation as a non-root user, but I can't seem to
> understand where in the installation files I could do this for this most
> up-to-date version. I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions.
>
> Best regards,
> Lawrence

Ticket ID: AUR-797681
Department: Support netCDF