[netCDFJava #QVA-393299]: Problem reading HDF4 and HDF5 files

Hi Antonio:

In 4.2 we tried to allow blanks in the group names. this caused too much
trouble, so we replace them with "_", i guess starting in 4.3.
So the correct name is Data_Fields not Data Fields
We try to stay backwards compatible, but sometimes we cant, sorry for the
breakage.

The correct thing to do is to get a listing of variables in the file, to see
what the valid variable names are.

John

> Hello,
>
> Since Java-NetCDFversion 4.3 there is a problem in finding variable
> inside an HDF4 or HDF5 file.
>
> The follwing code works fine for JavaNetCDF 4.2 but variable=null for
> JavaNetCDF version 4.3 and 4.5
>
> String path = groupInFile + SUBDATASETS_GROUP_DELIMITER +
> nameInGroup; // == "/HDFEOS/GRIDS/ColumnAmountNO2/Data
> Fields/ColumnAmountNO2TropCloudScreened"
> Variable findVariable = file.findVariable(path); // returns "null"
> while in JavaNetCDF version 4.2 it is OK
>
> where "file" is "NetcdfFile"
>
> The HDF5 file used in this code can be found here:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6olxfoocx1ul8x/OMI-Aura_L3-OMNO2d_2004m1001_v003-2013m0109t110353.he5?dl=0
>
> Sorry for posting on several mailing lists since I am not sure which
> is most appropriate.
>
> With kind regards,
> Antonio

Ticket ID: QVA-393299