[netCDF #QFD-237189]: netcdf-c-4.3.3 (TWO CHECKS FAILED)

Hello Peter,

Can you provide more information about what happens when these tests fail, as
well as the platform you are working on? In fact, if you were able to provide
the config.log file and the output from the tests, I will try to figure out
what is going on for you.

Thanks, have a good day,

-Ward

> Good Morning,
>
> I am trying to install netcdf-c-4.3.3 on our system and have encountered a
> problem when we run MAKE CHECK.
>
> It fails on two tests which are:-
>
> FAIL: tst_h_scalar
>
> FAIL: tst_h_scalar.sh
>
> I have searched your forums and found this document
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf/msg12368.html
>
> which advises installing the latest version of HDF5  (version 5-1.8.14),
> this I have done.
>
> I ran the run-all-ex.sh script in hdf5/share/hdf5_examples and this
> passes all the test.
>
> I then recompiled the netcdf, which completed fine.
>
> However, when I run the MAKE CHECK again I get failed messages again on
> these two tests.
>
> Please can you offer any advice on how to resolve this problem?
>
> Regards
>
> Peter Mills
>
> -----o-----o-----o-----o-----o-----o-----o-----
>
> Peter Mills  MIScT
> Senior Computing Technician
> HPC Computing Administrator
>
> University of Plymouth
> Room 106 Smeaton Building,
> Drake Circus,
> Plymouth, PL4 8AA
> * + 44 (0)1752 5 86059 |Email address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden>

> ________________________________
> [http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/images/email_footer.gif]<http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/worldclass>
>
> This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely
> for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not
> the intended recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the
> information contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely
> on it. If you have received this email in error please let the sender
> know immediately and delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are
> not necessarily secure. While we take every care, Plymouth University
> accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to
> scan emails and their attachments. Plymouth University does not accept
> responsibility for any changes made after it was sent. Nothing in this
> email or its attachments constitutes an order for goods or services
> unless accompanied by an official order form.

Ticket ID: QFD-237189
Department: Support netCDF