[netCDF #RDQ-788205]: make check tests failed -- said to report to support-netcdf

Hello Ann,

I apologize for the delay getting back to you.  The errors you are seeing are
related to a change in our test server address; they should be safe to ignore.
You can also turn them off by passing '--disable-dap-remote-tests' when running
configure.

It should be noted that netcdf v4.1.3 is quite old and lacks many bug fixes and
enhancements.  You might consider trying the current version of netcdf,
available from http://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases.  If you require
fortran support, you can also install the netcdf-fortran libraries, available
from http://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran/releases.  Note that in this case
you will need to install netcdf-c first.

I hope this helps,

-Ward

> Hi,
>
> Attached is screen output from running make check on my system.  I'm
> installing NetCDF v. 4.1.3, without netcdf-4 support.  Did these fail
> because the server was busy?  Is it okay to proceed and install or will
> these errors cause problems?
>
> Thanks,
> Ann Dallman

> Ann Dallman