[netCDF #BZW-839962]: Always "configure: error: Can't find or link to the hdf5 library. Use --disable-netcdf-4, or see config.log for errors.". Almost crazy...Help!

Hello Ming,

Most of what you have looks correct; what happens if you adjust your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH as follows?

 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ming/local/lib

/home/ming/local/lib should be correct, since the libraries are installed in
that directory.  Currently you have it set to /home/ming/local.

If this does not work, can you please provide the config.log file generated
when you run configure? That should provide additional information about the
specific failure.

Thanks!

-Ward

> Full Name: Ming
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.3.3
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hi everyone,
>
> I want to use a software which depends on netCDF. My OS is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
> and gcc version is 4.9.2
>
> I first downloaded HDF and built it following
> http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/release/cmakebuild.html. The commands I used
> were:
> ctest -S HDF518LinuxCMake.cmake -C Release -VV -O hdf5.log
> All tests passed.
> Then I went to HDF5-1.8/build directory and ran bash HDF5-1.8.15-Linux.sh.
> Then I had a directory HDF5-1.8.15-Linux. I copied the bin, lib, include and
> share folders to /home/ming/local.
>
> After that, I started to build netCDF. The commands were:
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ming/local
> export CPPFLAGS=-I/home/ming/local/include
> export LDFLAGS=-L/home/ming/local/lib
> ./configure --prefix=/home/ming/local
> But it failed, giving the error
> checking for library containing H5Fflush... no
> configure: error: Can't find or link to the hdf5 library. Use
> --disable-netcdf-4, or see config.log for errors.
>
> I searched the Internet and had spent several hours on this problem. I still
> have no answer now. Hope someone could help me! I appreciate it very much!
>
> Ming,

Ticket ID: BZW-839962
Department: Support netCDF