[netCDF #BWM-262177]: Installation error with parallel netCDF

Hello Graham,

A couple of things leap out at me.  First, when building libhdf5, you need to
pass the '--enable-hl' flag as well, to enable the high-level interface.  It is
puzzling that the serial netcdf build did not complain about this.
Additionally, you might try setting your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the
appropriate location for the build, e.g.:

$ CPPFLAGS=-I/scratch/dione/packages_parallel/include
LDFLAGS=-L/scratch/dione/packages_parallel/lib
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/scratch/dione/packages_parallel/lib ./configure

Note that unless you add LD_LIBRARY_PATH to your environmental variables via
'export', or in a system config file, you will also need to specify it when you
run 'make check'.

If this does not resolve the issue, can you please provide the 'configure.log'
generated when you run the configure script? This will provide some insight as
to the specific problem.

Thanks, I hope this helps,

-Ward

Ticket ID: BWM-262177