[netCDF #BLG-631870]: The intallation of Netcdf-4.3.3.1

Hello Even,

To answer your question regarding zlib and HDF5; yes, you should install these
first.  NetCDF will search for them, and if they aren't found, will not build
without additional steps.

Full instructions for building netcdf may be found at the following address:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html

If there is anything on this page which gives you trouble or is unclear, please
don't hesitate to ask any questions!

Have a good day,

-Ward

> Respected Professor,
> I am a student studying atmosphere in IAP, China. Recently, I want to install
> the netcdf-4.3.3.1 on our server(Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3
> ); but I don't know how to install it. Could you give me some advice? I would
> appreciate it, if you can give me some steps about how to intall it . By the
> way, I am wondering that should I install zlib and HDF5 first, before install
> netcdf-4.3.3.1.  I am looking forward to your reply !
>

> Best regards !
> Even

Ticket ID: BLG-631870
Department: Support netCDF