[netCDF #DPW-865293]: Support needed for configuring NetCDF with Visual Studio.

Hello,

I see that you also posted this question on Stack Overflow, at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29548615/configure-netcdf-on-visual-studio.
The answer by Ame Anderson is correct; the C library does not use namespaces.
Our C++ interface, which does support namespaces, is not currently supported
officially on Windows.  I am actively working on this support currently; you
may monitor the progress on our github site if you like.  This is available at
http://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-cxx4.  For the time being, however, you cannot
use the netcdf namespace.

I hope this helps,

-Ward

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a C++ project which handles weather data in NetCDF format. I
> downloaded the NetCDF binaries from this link
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/ftp/netCDF4.3.3.1-NC4-32.exe
>
> and installed it.
>
> Also configured the VS project as follows:
>
> VC++ Directories -> Library Directories = C:\Program Files (x86)\netCDF
> 4.3.3.1\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\netCDF 4.3.3.1\lib;
>
> C/C++ -> Additional Include Directories = C:\Program Files (x86)\netCDF
> 4.3.3.1\include
>
> Linker -> Input = netcdf.lib
>
> But the problem is I cannot access the netCDF namespace.
>
> using namespace netCDF;  //gives an error
>
> But accessing header files doesn't make any trouble
>
> #include <netcdf.h> //no error
>
> Can you please walk me through on configuring Visual Studio with NetCDF.
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> Shafny A Mahir,
>
> *Undergraduate,Faculty of Information Technology,*
> *University Of Moratuwa,*
>
> *Sri Lanka.* <http://www.facebook.com/shafny>[image:
> http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/yootheme/social-bookmark/24/social-facebook-box-blue-icon.png]
> <https://www.facebook.com/shafny>[image: