[netCDF #DIV-976346]: netcdf-fortran-4.4.2 issue

Hi David,

I suspect you have multiple versions of the netCDF C library
installed, and your netCDF Fortran build is finding the older
version.

That could happen if you have an older netCDF shared library
installed in a location that is searched by default, such as /usr/lib,
in which case it would be used in preference to a newer version,
unless you directed it to the newer location by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH
correctly.

If this is the case, you should either uninstall the old version, or install
the newer version in the same directory (in case there is other software
dependent on the older version).

This can also sometimes occur as a result of having a 32-bit library and
a 64-bit library installed, and the compiler settings make configure look
for the wrong one (the older one).

If one of these is not the cause of the problem, let us know and we'll try
to think of something else ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: DIV-976346
Department: Support netCDF