[netCDF #HQD-133753]: Conversion xy files to cdf files

Antoni,

> As you comment, we need convert the chromatographic data in xy files to
> NetCDF files (not cdf). I think if Unidata developed this standard, some
> people of your staff known who developed the Excel add-in that converts xy
> files to NetCDF files. Please help us, we are into a cul-de-sac. Thanks.

We didn't develop the AIA Analytical Data Interchange Protocols (Andi
Protocols),
we just developed the netCDF data model and software. When the Andi protocols
for chromatography (1992) and mass spectrometry (1994) were developed, I talked
to Rich Lisakopwski from time to time, who was on the AIA committee that
established
the standards. He wasn't ever a Unidata staff member, and I don't think he
developed
much software.

There's a little more information and some links under an entry about the Andi
protocols here:

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/usage.html

and they've set up a SourceForge site that might have additional information:

   http://andi.sourceforge.net

That's all I we have at Unidata about that standard.

--Russ

> address@hidden>:
>
> > Antoni,
> >
> > > The CDF project is maintained at NASA; the project webpage may be found
> > at http://cdf.gsfc.nasa.gov/.  Their user support page may be found at
> > http://cdf.gsfc.nasa.gov/html/contact.html.  They should be able to help
> > you with this.
> >
> > Oops, I'm pretty sure you meant "netCDF" rather than "cdf", because there
> > is
> > a chromatographic data standard, released in 1992, that uses netCDF:
> >
> >   http://www.astm.org/Standards/E1947.htm
> >
> > We don't know much about that standard or converting data to use the
> > conventions it assumes.
> >
> > Sorry about that ...
> >
> > --Russ
> >
> > > I hope this helps,