[netCDF #RER-542556]: Real posix I/O in netCDF

Hello Liao,

The function you are looking for is `nc_sync()`, in libdispatch/dfile.c.  I
won't try to duplicate it here, but there is a verbose description of nc_sync()
and how it is used in the header block of the function.  It actually looks like
the information is also captured in our user documentation, at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/group__datasets.html#gaf2d184214ce7a55b0a50514749221245.

In a nutshell, data is synchronized automatically when a netCDF dataset is
closed, or when you leave `define` mode.  It can also be explicitly synced; I
recommend reading the full description at the link above, as it is very
thorough.

I hope this helps!

-Ward

> Dear there,
>
> I am trying to understand the workflow of netCDF. But I am a
> little confused about when the data is flushed to the disk.
>
> In other words, when the data is written to the disk? I check
> posixio.c, but it seems that the data is not flushed by the functions
> provided by this file.        Could you tell me the detailed workflow from
> nc_put_var to the data stored in the file on disk.
>
> Thank you very very much,
>
> Liao
>
> Dear there,
>
> I am trying to understand the workflow of netCDF. But I am a
> little confused about when the data is flushed to the disk.
>
> In other words, when the data is written to the disk? I check
> posixio.c, but it seems that the data is not flushed by the functions
> provided by this file.        Could you tell me the detailed workflow from
> nc_put_var to the data stored in the file on disk.
>
> Thank you very very much,
>
> Liao

Ticket ID: RER-542556
Department: Support netCDF