[netCDF #ZBH-501382]: netcdf-fortran

Jae-Min,

> netcdf-fortran-4.4.2 "configure" now worked and "make" worked, but make
> check failed.
> Could you take a look at my make check output please?

Here's the instructions for building netCDF-Fortran:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building_netcdf_fortran.html

The error you are seeing seems to indicate that the "netcdf.inc"
file is not being found when you run the tests. Or maybe an older
netcdf.inc file is being found from a previous installation, for
example in /usr/include/netcdf.inc.

The fortran/netcdf.inc that comes with netcdf-fortran-4.4.2 has the
following statements:

      integer nf_char
      parameter (nf_char = 2)

which declare a type for the nf_char parameter, so any
program that has the

      include 'netcdf.inc'

statement and uses the right compiler directive to tell where to
look for the netcdf.inc include file should get the type.

So the error you are seeing:

   make[2]: Entering directory
`/lustre05/vol0/jojchi/Projects/REEMS/netcdf-fortran-4.4.2/nf_test'
   gfortran -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libsrc
-I/lustre05/vol0/jojchi/Projects/REEMS/mpi/include -I../fortran   -I../fortran
-g -O2 -c -o test_get.o test_get.F
   test_get.F:29.50:

            canConvert = (var_type(i) .eq. NF_CHAR) .eqv.
                                                  1
   Error: Symbol 'nf_char' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
   test_get.F:35.34:

means that the gfortran compiler, when running in the fortran/ subdirectory,
isn't finding the netcdf.inc file where it's specified to be with
"-I../fortran".
I'm not sure why this error is occurring or how to fix it. The software compiles
fine here on our test platforms, with no errors. Check for the file

   /lustre05/vol0/jojchi/Projects/REEMS/netcdf-fortran-4.4.2/fortran/netcdf.inc

to make sure it exists and is readable.

Possible solutions for the problems you aOther things you might try that seem
unrelated to the error you are seeing might include:

  - setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to point to where the
netCDF-C library is installed
  - setting environment variables F77 to mpif77 and F90 to mpif90 for
supporting parallel I/O from Fortran
     or setting F77 and F90 to mpifort if you are using the ifort compiler

--Russ

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 2:18 PM, Jae-Min Jo <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > It also says it cant compute sizeof (off_t).
> > It says "configure:22367"
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jae-Min
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Jae-Min Jo <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am trying to build netcdf-fortran-4.4.2, and the configuration is not
> >> working. I tried to look through the config.log and found that it can't
> >> find libnetcdf.so.7, exit number is 77.
> >>
> >> I have attached the config.log.
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> Regards,