[netCDF #YNV-368298]: netCDF z/OS port problems resolving zlib

Hello Martyn,

I will do my best; I don't have access to a z/OS environment, but I've never
let that sort of thing stop me from engaging in speculation in the past!

If this were a linux platform, I'd mention that many current distributions do
not search `/usr/local` for libraries and include files.  In this case, I'd
recommend running `configure` as follows:

    $ CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" ./configure

If this doesn't work, would it be possible for you to provide the `config.log`
file generated when you run configure? This will provide additional information
I can use for further speculation.

I hope this helps!

-Ward

> Hi there, hoping can you help with a steer please ?
>
> Doing a new port of NetCDF here at UK Met Office to an unusual platform,
> z/OS.   As I don't expect anyone else will have done this I'm not hitting the
> discussion groups with it.   I've had a quick look over the documentation and
> can't see an immediate answer.
>
> Working with the netcdf-c-4.3.3.1 build and configure is failing:
>
> checking for library containing deflate... no
> configure: error: Can't find or link to the z library. Turn off netCDF-4 and
> opendap with --disable-netcdf-4 --disable-dap, or see config.log for errors.
>
> libcurl.la, libfl.a, libz.a, libz.so, libz.so.1, libz.so.1.2.8, libz.x are
> installed in /usr/local/lib.
>
> Does the build need pointing at zlib ?
>
> Many thanks, Martyn Catlow
> M J Catlow - Technology Portfolio Lead - Infrastructure & Operations
> Met Office  Fitzroy Road, Exeter, Devon, EX1 3PB United Kingdom
> Tel: +44(0)1392 884651 divert 07753 880517
> email: address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden>

Ticket ID: YNV-368298
Department: Support netCDF