[netCDF #UKD-252282]: Help with NetCDF installation

Hello Bryce,

I'm afraid I don't have too much experience with the Intel compilers, but I can
hazard at least one guess what is going on.  Since the failure is a run-time
failure (when `conftest` is run), instead of a  compile-time failure, I wonder
if the directory `/usr/local/mpi/intel/openmpi-1.4.3/lib64` needs to be added
to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.  I would not *expect* this to be the case; it
seems very cumbersome when you are talking about a runtime upon which a
compiler depends.  Try adding/defining this path to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH
variable and let me know what happens.

On another note, the netCDF Fortran interface is a separate library you will
need to build; as such, you don't need to bother setting any fortran-related
variables or options when building libnetcdf.  They shouldn't hurt, however; I
just thought I'd mention it.

I hope this helps; let me know if this changes the behavior.  I will follow up
if a different solution suggests itself to me.

Have a great day,

-Ward

> I'm trying to build a parallel version of NetCDF using Intel compilers, but I
> am having trouble getting it to see some of the support libraries.  Can you
> help me figure out what is wrong with my configure script.  I have attached
> the config.log file for reference.  Before running the configure script, I
> generate the following environmental variables:  export CC=mpicc;export
> FC=mpif90;export F77=mpif77;export CXX=mpicpc.  Then, on the command line, I
> execute:
>
> NCDIR=/usr/local CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/hdf5-1.8.13/hdf5/include/
> -I/usr/local/mpi/intel/openmpi-1.4.3/include/"
> LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/hdf5-1.8.13/hdf5/lib/
> -L/usr/local/mpi/intel/openmpi-1.4.3/lib64/" ./configure --enable-pnetcdf
>
> All of the mpi compiler calls (mpicc,mpif90,mpi77,mpicpc) are located in the
> directory /usr/local/mpi/intel/openmpi-1.4.3/bin.  The configure script is
> not able to see libmpi.so.0 which is in
> /usr/local/mpi/intel/openmpi-1.4.3/lib64/ (which I added in the LDFLAGS
> variable).
>
> Any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bryce

Ticket ID: UKD-252282
Department: Support netCDF