[netCDF #TSB-411735]: NcGroup::adVar() hangs on garbage input

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for the bug report; I'll open a ticket on GitHub for it.  If you are
ever so inclined, feel free to submit issues directly through our GitHub site
as well; we are transitioning to GitHub for issue management (although our
email-based support will also remain in place).  We've moved to GitHub as an
organization for most of our projects, so it makes sense to track issues there
publicly as well.

Thanks again, have a great day!

-Ward

> The call:
>
> NcGroup nc;
> std::vector<NcDim> dims;
> nc.addVar(name, type, dims);
>
> will hang if dims is garbage (for example, if dims.size() == -1483742).  A
> check for valid dims would fix this problem.
>
> Low priority, IMHO.
>
> -- Elizabeth

Ticket ID: TSB-411735
Department: Support netCDF