[netCDF #RCR-112297]: netcdf make check failed

Hello,

I'm afraid netCDF 4.1.3 has not been supported for several years at least; I'm
afraid I don't know what is causing the error, other than perhaps it will
simply not work on modern systems.

I would suggest trying the latest release, netCDF 4.4.0, available from
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases, and let me know if you have any
issues with this version.  It is the most recent version and is actively
supported!

I'm sorry I cannot provide a more positive answer, I hope this helps,

-Ward

> Hello,
>

> I use Ubuntu 14.04 and Python 2.7. I've successfully installed cython,
> libhdf5-dev and h5py 2.2.1. I got the message that I installed netcdf-4.1.3
> successfully, but after typing "make check" I got the error:
>

> 1 of 26 tests failed
> Please report to address@hidden
> make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Fehler 1
> make[2]: Verzeichnis »/home/littmann/Downloads/netcdf-4.1.3/h5_test« wird
> verlassen
> make[1]: *** [check-am] Fehler 2
> make[1]: Verzeichnis »/home/littmann/Downloads/netcdf-4.1.3/h5_test« wird
> verlassen
> make: *** [check-recursive] Fehler 1
>

> I don't know what went wrong. Could you please help me? You find a detailed
> document in the appendix.
>

> Best regards!
>
> Daniela Littmann

Ticket ID: RCR-112297