[netCDF #TSE-683024]: Treatment of non-breaking space

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the heads up regarding this.  I'm not an expert in XML, but I will
read up on the standard and see if there are any changes we can make, without
breaking software that reads NcML (and is thus, presumably, able to handle this
non-standard-XML behavior).

Have a great day!

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> I came across an awkward feature in NCML files created with "ncdump -x
> ..." when the NetCDF file has non-breaking spaces ("�") in the global
> attributes. This character appears to be legal in the NetCDF files (they
> are not my files ... otherwise I would simply leave it out) but they
> are not allowed in XML. I can deal with this by stripping them out of
> the document, but I thought you might like to know about this glytch --
> it would be nice if ncdump could at least give a warning,
>
> regards,
> Martin

Ticket ID: TSE-683024
Department: Support netCDF