[netCDF #UCR-300811]: make check fail on ncdump with NetCDF 4.4.0 (with attachments)

Hello Benjamin,

You aren't doing anything wrong, it appears that there was an issue in the
download.  I suspect the file 'ctest.c' is empty, and it should not be.  You
should be able to copy the file 'ref_ctest.c' into 'ctest.c' to resolve this
issue.

I have several docker containers which I use for building/testing/debugging
netCDF; if you're interested in any of these, feel free to take a look as they
are publicly available and (if passed the 'bash' command), contain the
Dockerfile and scripts used to build and test netcdf.  These may be of useful
reference.  The docker containers (available via docker pull) are:

unidata/nctests:serial //<- Serial netCDF
unidata/nctests:openmpi //<- Parallel I/O

I hope this helps,

-Ward

> Full Name: Benjamin Kulling
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.4.0
> Operating System: Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit
> Hardware: Docker
> Description of problem:
>
> Dear Unidata Support,
>
> I'm trying to build NetCDF-C following the tutorial provded here:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html
>
> I've installed curl from source, and followed the tutorial to install
> zlib & HDF5 (with successful make check).
>
> For netcdf-c-4.4.0, it seems make check fails when located in ncdump:
>
> (.text+0x20): undefined reference to `main'
>
> I've attached ./configure final summary and a peace of make check log.
>
> I'm really stuck here, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
>
> I'm working in a Docker container on Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit, but the system
> is clean.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Benjamin

Ticket ID: UCR-300811