[netCDF #QYC-628947]: NF90_GET_VAR not working with user defined type variable

Hello,

In order to read data stored in a compound type, you must use
`NF90_INQ_COMPOUND` to learn about the compound data structure.  The user guide
for netCDF-Fortran NF90 may be found here:

*
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/documentation/historic/netcdf-f90/Compound-Types.html#Compound-Types

I hope this helps,

-Ward

> Dear Lady or Sir
>
> I would appreciate if you could tell me how to read data from nc files
> with netCDF-4 format using F90.
>
> The Fortran library function NF90_GET_VAR works well with integer or
> real arrays, but it can not compile if I want to read a compound user
> defined type variable
>
> (as for example, sst on a MODIS nc file with netcdf-4 format).
>
> Please let me know what may your services suggest as an alternative to
> that F90 library function ?
>
> I thank you for the kindness of your attention.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Arlindo Arriaga, PhD
> Meteorology UW-Madison 1991

Ticket ID: QYC-628947