[netCDF #TCE-332783]: converting hdf5 file to netcdf file

Hello,

I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with the ncl_convert2nc program.  It's
important to know that not every h5 file can be converted to netCDF, in the
same way that not every netCDF file can be properly represented as a plain hdf5
file.  You can view the HDF group solutions here:

* https://www.hdfgroup.org/products/hdf5_tools/convert-netcdf.html

You might also look for software which is capable of opening hdf5 and netCDF
files; perhaps you can open the hdf5 file there and save it as a netCDF file.
If you are able to get the HDF5 file into a CSV file, you might be able to use
Rosetta to convert the CSV into netCDF.

* http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/rosetta/docs/

I'm sorry I can't provide a more immediately application solution,

-Ward

> Hello Netcdf Support team,
>
> I am samy ashraf a phd student in ICTP institute and downloaded hdf5 file
> from website
>
> ftp://ftp.ntsg.umt.edu/pub/data/global_monthly_ET/Global_HalfDegResolution/Global_monthly_ET_halfdeg_1983.h5
>
> and tried to convert it to netcdf format using ncl_convert2nc and other
> methods but none worked. So I ask you if you can help me to solve this
> problem, I would be grateful.
>
> Regards
> Samy

Ticket ID: TCE-332783