[netCDF #BRS-900510]: Fwd: data type of netCDF file in Java

Arun,

Thanks for providing the screenshots; they made it much easier to have ideas as
to what's going on.

The problematic file, wfrout.nc, which I'm guessing is from a WRF run, is
probably not compliant with the Climate and Forecasting (CF)
conventions for netCDF files (http://cfconventions.org/), and thus toolsUI is
not able to properly make sense of the data. This is a known
problem with WRF output. Here are some resources to help you fix it:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/developer/entry/wrf_goes_cf_two
http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/src/utils/ncl/wrfout_to_cf.ncl
http://foehn.colorado.edu/wrfout_to_cf/

I hope these help.

Ryan

> In the file  where it shows *datatype as grid *I am able to fetch the data
> while from other file where *datatype is vacant,* it is not possible to
> fetch the data. I am able to read all the data in ncl (Linux version), also
> the data is showing properly in *ncl_filedump* command.

Ticket ID: BRS-900510
Department: Support netCDF Java