[netCDF #DMQ-180719]: netcdf fortran make check issues

Hello Marion,

I am seeing the following in the test-suite.log file you've provided:

-----------------
FAIL: ftst_rengrps
==================

*** Warning - nc_rename_grp not supported in this netCDF version
*** Update your netCDF C libraries to version 4.3.1 or higher
STOP 2

 *** Testing netCDF-4 rename groups from Fortran 90.
 Error: NetCDF: No group found.

FAIL: f90tst_rengrps
====================

*** Warning - nc_rename_grp not supported in this netCDF version
*** Update your netCDF C libraries to version 4.3.1 or higher
STOP 2

 *** Testing netCDF-4 rename groups from Fortran 90.
 Error: NetCDF: No group found.

-----------------

The solution to this issue would seem to be installing netCDF-C 4.4.0 (the
latest version), or even the release candidate for 4.4.1, available from
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases

I hope this helps!

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install the netcdf-fortran library on a Linux machine.
> The "make check" is producing 29 pass and 2 fails. See attached log.
> Any idea of what may be wrong ?
>
> I have netCDF 4.3.0 and trying to install netCDF-Fortran 4.2.
>
> Also, I would need some help with building the examples, as I cannot find
> suitable instructions. They do not build.
> I do not have suitable permissions to install under so I have installed
> netCDF-Fortran in a personal folder. Do I need to set an environment variable
> for this folder ?
>
> Thank you for your help.
> Best regards,
>
> Marion