[netCDF #LAQ-495298]: Update on Windows fortran netcdf port?

Hello Paula,

I'm sorry for the delayed response!

Unfortunately we do not yet have *official* support for Fortran on Windows,
although we have started down that route by integrating cmake into the Fortran
build system.  To answer your question, it is still in the pipeline, and I
would like to have it done sooner than later.

I'm sorry I can't provide a more positive response other than it is still
planned; I have heard anecdotally that some developers have been able to get
netCDF-Fortran to build with cmake and Visual Studio + fortran compiler (PGI or
Intel, I'm not certain), so it may be possible.  I will certainly post to the
netcdf mailing list as soon as the feature is ready and available!

-Ward

> I'm trying to work with NetCDF for fortran, in the windows
> environment. All the info I can find online is from circa 2011, but it
> looks like at that time there was a goal to develop a windows fortran
> (maybe for MVS/intel fortran??) binary set.  Has that been done?  If so,
> I can't find info on it.  Is it still in the pipeline?  Just fishing
> for a status update.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Paula Kulis

Ticket ID: LAQ-495298