[netCDF #YDN-565596]: Seeking help regarding the installation of netcdf 3.5.0

Hello,

NetCDF 3.5.0 is quite old at this point and has not been maintained in years.
It is not unlikely that it will not even compile on a modern system, although I
cannot say for certain.  You may download the most recent release, 4.4.1, from
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases.  If you need the Fortran
interface, it is available from
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran/releases.

I would be happy to take a look at the `configure.log` file generated when you
ran configure; it contains additional information that I can use which is not
captured by the output printed to screen.  If there is an obvious problem I
will try to help work around it; if it looks like the issue is the age of the
software and the newer environment, updating to the latest version may be our
only option.

Thanks, have a great day,

-Ward

Ticket ID: YDN-565596