[netCDF #UCP-346528]: Easy issue I can't figure out

Hello,

This seems strange; the only thing that immediately suggests itself is perhaps
a mismatch between the netCDF-Fortran you are compiling and the netCDF-C
library it depends upon? It's possible there is an API mismatch, if there is an
older netCDF-C on the system.  Do you know what version you are linking against?

If you can provide the config.log generated when you ran `configure` for
netCDF-Fortran, that might also provide some additional insight.

Thanks!

-Ward

> Hi there,
> I am currently trying to compile a version of netcdf-fortran-4.4.4 on
> my own profile on the Michigan state high performance computing center
> servers. I would use their versions however they have an older version
> of netcdf that does not support netcdf4. I am continually getting this
> error:
>
> test_write.F:197: warning:
> err = nf_get_var1_double(ncid, vid, (/0/), var)
> 1
> test_write.F:1328: (continued):
> err = nf_get_var1_double(ncid, i, index, value)
> 2
> Too many arguments for `nf_get_var1_double' at (2) versus invocation
> at (1) [info -f g77 M GLOBALS]
> make[2]: *** [test_write.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/home/stagebe1/netcdf-fortran-4.4.4/nf_test'
> make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/home/stagebe1/netcdf-fortran-4.4.4/nf_test'
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>
> the configure command that was used is:
> NCDIR=/mnt/home/stagebe1/NetCDF4
> NFDIR=/mnt/home/stagebe1/netcdf-fortran
> CPPFLAGS=-I${NCDIR}/include LDFLAGS=-L${NCDIR}/lib LDFLAGS="-lnetcdf"
> ./configure --prefix=${NFDIR} --disable-fortran-type-check
>
> I have attached the config.log.
> Thank You,
> Marshall Stageberg

Ticket ID: UCP-346528