[netCDF #UGV-736137]: Error while installing netcdf4-python in Ubuntu 15.04

Hello,

It appears that there is an error at link time, when the linker is unable to
find references to the hdf5 constants reported in the 'make' results on
pastebin.  I suspect that it is not finding the `hdf5.h` library.  You will
need to specify the path to the directory where hdf5.h resides using CFLAGS. If
you can provide the `config.log` generated when you configured netcdf, I'll be
happy to take a look at it and make a more specific recommendation.

Thanks, have a great day,

-Ward

> This link contains the full error http://pastebin.com/72ncwVgy
>
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Farook M <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to install netcdf4-python by following https://code.google.
> > com/archive/p/netcdf4-python/wikis/UbuntuInstall.wiki I had installed
> > HDF5 successfully but when i was installing netCDF4, in "*make*"command,
> > am getting the below errors
> >
> > collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit statusMakefile:682: recipe for target
> > 'ncgen3' failed
> > make[2]: *** [ncgen3] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory
> > '/home/farook/Downloads/netcdf-4.4.1/ncgen3'Makefile:691: recipe for target
> > 'all-recursive' failed
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory
> > '/home/farook/Downloads/netcdf-4.4.1'Makefile:538: recipe for target 'all'
> > failed
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > Help would be appreciated.
> >

> > Regards,