[netCDF #UMN-312408]: Error while making netcdf-C-Libraries

Hello,

This error is related to missing functions provided by the Intel runtime
library, typically linked against when using the intel compiler.  See
"https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/unresolved-external-symbol-_intel_sse2_strlen";
 for information supporting this.

It appears that the `ncgen` utility is being compiled with `gcc` (as shown in
your config log) but is trying to link against a `libnetcdf` that was compiled
with the intel compiler.  From the config.log you provided, there is no
indication that the libnetcdf library referended below
(../liblib/.libs/libnetcdf.so) was built with the intel compiler; it is in fact
clear that the build is using `gcc`.  This makes me believe that the issue must
be environmental.  Perhaps there is stale information/files in this directory
left over from previous build attempts?  Can you try building netCDF in a fresh
directory, and see if this problem persists?

I hope this helps,

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> I was trying to install netcdf (v *4.4.1*) c-libraries and I had following
> error while doing *make check*
>
> ncgentab.c:(.text+0x4058): undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strlen'
> ncgentab.o: In function `ncg_scan_bytes':
> ncgentab.c:(.text+0x40da): undefined reference to `_intel_fast_memcpy'
> ../liblib/.libs/libnetcdf.so: undefined reference to
> `__intel_cpu_features_init_x'
> ../liblib/.libs/libnetcdf.so: undefined reference to
> `__intel_cpu_feature_indicator_x'
> ../liblib/.libs/libnetcdf.so: undefined reference to `_intel_fast_memmove'
> ../liblib/.libs/libnetcdf.so: undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strdup'
> ../liblib/.libs/libnetcdf.so: undefined reference to `__intel_sse2_strncmp'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [ncgen3] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/piyush/Downloads/netcdf-c-4.4.1/ncgen3'
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>
> Please find the attached *config.log* file
>

> Thanks and Regards

> *Piyush Bhardwaj*,
> Post-Doctoral Fellow
> 211 Samsung Environmental Research Center,
> School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering,
> Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST),
> 123 Cheomdangwagi-ro (Oryong-dong), Buk-gu,
> Gwangju 61005, Republic of Korea
> Email:    * address@hidden <address@hidden>*,
> *address@hidden
> <address@hidden>*